PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2012, 16:58
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Organfreak

My comment comes from a point of view. It has to do with a body of facts, data, and evidence, plus the commentary of those here.

The Interim Report #2 discusses a foundation, a reference for the type of problem 447 had, and what others did, as well as the a/c reactions.
There could not be a worse place to lose instruments. There could not be a more lackadaisacal approach to AD, to training, and to command, by SOP and by culture.

From the OUTSET, something was wrong. Here, the evolution of opinion has landed on PE. I don't buy it. Neither pilot by CVR only, had the kind of demeanor one expects in such a situation, and for this I offer "Where is the Captain?". The entire contents of the releaes re: CVR could not have been better written by a soap opera show. Drama, personality, deviations from the expected, etc.

The two pilots were in trouble, and not because they did not get along. Here on thread, the popular drill is to claim discord, and incompetence. NO PROOF of either, merely a parsed verbal record, VERY parsed. What is missing? How about, "Where's the skipper, this bird is effed up, and we need him NOW." People have jumped, no, leapt to conclusions without listening for tone, volume, and idiom. Have you? Are you content with things as they are, without more data? Would your wife and kids be satisfied that you are painted as an incompetent dilettante, without as much as a complete record of events?

Three trained pilots, with a descent unarrested by any, with a mere position change on a stick. What DRAMA?

OPINION, MINE. It isn't for me to write the report. It was one thing when there was no evidence at all. Since recovery, what is available is parsed, limited, and censored. Should I get access to the CVR, I may have to apologize to BEA.

In the meantme, My opinion is not countered by evidence. Is it supported? I suggest it is, merely by noting the lack of evidence provided, when there is no reason to prevent its assessment. What gets no attention, seemimgly, is the utter lack of a case on which to rest Pilot ERROR, in the absence of a complete record. This is not obvious? Each of the actions can be explained, both to condemn and to clear. Is it odd that the context is lacking for any defense?

Not given what is at stake. Especially not now. BEA will never release any data that serves to condemn their actions. That became apparent when they caused to be released a PRESS memo, exonerating any "NEW" mechanical issues, and that language from the Airframe company. Of all the blatant political hand crossing, that was laughable.

In the absence of a complete record, neither of us can claim a conclusion, it is impossible.

be well.