PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - recent-ish Modular guys/Girls getting airline Jobs?
Old 17th Mar 2012, 16:17
NukeHunt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was modular, finished training end of 2008, right at the start of the downturn. Didn't get a sniff of anything for 3 years but i'm now flying 737's.

It's all about being patient and not trying to jump the queue with eagle jet type pay to fly schemes. Let's also point out that FR is NOT a pay to fly scheme, it's a pay for type rating scheme with a paid job at the end, much the same as just about every other airline in the UK that take on low houred guys.

Can't get a flying job?, get off your backsides and go find something else in the industry to get some experience rather than sitting at home sending out CV's. Go work on the ground for a while, now is the time of year airlines and handling agents are recruiting for ground jobs for the summer season. Go do that for a while, make some contacts and some money whilst gaining useful experience. Try getting work on a flight sim, as cabin crew or apply to be a pilots assistant for one of the Single Pilot IFR operators, all uselful experience. It will make your CV stand out from the thousands of others the airlines will get. Worked for me.