PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2012, 15:56
MikeAlpha7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John21UK quoted "How come some airlines just can't turn things around even with extortionate amounts of money being thrown at it?"

This is a very good question.

I don't claim to know anything about Aerolineas Argentinas or even Air India's financial plight , but I sure know a few things about Gukf Air.

The current GF will go on losing money and requiring fund injection for the foreseeable future simply because all that funds gets misappropriated by the same Management that lacks vision , skills to compete in the Aviation market , experience to tackle demanding issues and last and most importantly , an owner (the government) that has much more serious issue to deal with and a government that is known to have poor crises management skills.

It is a well known fact that the higher management of GF have been getting orders from 3 different government heads , and most of the time , each one with a different priority and agenda and conflicting orders at that.

That is touching the surface of GF problems , the rest of the story is much longer and regrettable.

But give GF credit for maintain a good & safe flight operations despite some stories leaking among the crew of some close shaves by pilots committing serious errors. My Guess, if those stories were accurate , is the fact that GF pilots have been over-worked.