PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Easyjet disruptive passengers
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2012, 13:47
gcal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't count EZY as a LOCO carrier and base this on the impression I get when travelling with them. It is a truly professional set up, and if let down at all, is by the inexperience of some, only some not all, of those it employs on the ground.
The crews are by no means all youngsters either and by and large their level of professionalism is equal to some longer established airlines. I'm particular impressed by the easy to follow and precise safety briefings.
The aircraft are new or nearly new and the room available on a short flight is sufficient (anyone remember Channel Airways or Skyways and the legroom available? which was about 40 years ago or so).
I've never experienced disruptive pax on my very regular flights on my usual commute route LGW/BCN (No longer served by BA) and rarely on any flight I've ever taken.
The worst example I can quote of many years of flying was some years ago in Business Class on AA LHR/MIA and the culprits were a group of, wait for it, doctors! Who were plastered before they got on! Business class or whatever an individual company may call it would I suspect feature in any airlines list of possibilities for disruption. Plus, I also suspect that those between the ages of 30 and 50 most likely to be the culprits, if my own experience is anything to go by. Given the space and lack of 'herding' these pax enjoy would seem to go against the general perception of what may cause disruptive behaviour.
I refuse to travel on Ryanair and for the following reason. This is because the owner of the airline publicly treats his employees with contempt. In my eyes in any case.
I don't give my money to those kinds of companies irrespective of the price.