PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford / Cabair on your CV
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2001, 19:51
OLBA18

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JTD The airlines we all got jobs with have either gone bust, been taken over or changed name about three times! The best thing to do as things change the whole time would be to compile a mail list with all the UK airlines addresses on and start sending out your CV now, albeit that your're not qualified. This may sound stupid but I found at least you get back responses with the correct personel address and contact person on. You can then update your mail list and every two months during your course send off an updated CV that may reach the correct person. As you near the end of your course and having sent off about 6 CV'S to each airline you are then in a better position to phone them up directly and say that you have sent x number of CV'S and been turned down x number of times - is there anything you can do or they could suggest that would put you in a position to be invited to interview.
You've probably heard the above before anyway, so unfortunately I don't know who might be a good airline to try now so I can only suggest you try them all - I had about 60 UK airlines on my list at the time.