PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 17th Mar 2012, 00:00
boxerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's great to set goals and I totally support anyone chasing their dreams. However I do have to agree with the message Dan Buster is putting across, albeit brutal. Many of the guys came from the school of hard knocks and worked themselves to where they are through the hard way. That in itself garners respect. What it does mean to you yatsuki is that CX places a lot of emphasis on the ICAO english tests. Despite how well one has been educated in English and being grammatically correct, I have heard and spoken to guys who couldn't believe they couldn't clear the test.
It is the fact that language skills and the ability to comprehend the nuances in conversations within the cockpit can make a difference to the quality of that crew. There will always be a disparity between native English speakers and those who are not.
It is a pity to prepare and raise your hopes high and get bumped from the interview only because of an English test which EVERYONE is capable of improving with effort and time.
So take it in the spirit for what it is and when you do get in, it's because you left no stone unturned and listen to the messages put across by the guys whom you may be working with. They will not accept anything less.