PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic recruitment
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2002, 23:03
High as a Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree that living in the London area is very expensive and so is petrol! That is one of the reasons we have a number of crew who commute from all over the UK and mainland Europe.

As far as promotion is concerned, it works on the basis of seniority and merit. The company has a fast tracking scheme whereby you can be promoted rapidly through the ranks based on merit. Promotion is also possible based on seniority. As long as the airline continues to expand, opportunities for promotion will arise more often.

"There are also loads of rumours about Virgin Atlantic"
I would say there are lots of rumours about most airlines and with any company there are always happy employees and unhappy employees.

I can't put a figure on how many crew leave each month. The recruitment figures will take into account a number of factors including the number of resignations, the number of trainees failing the course and promotions from the Junior to Senior rank.

Sir Richard does not have anything against applicants from outside the UK. We have a diverse workforce from Europe and further afield.

If anyone has any questions about working for VS, Iwill try my best to answer them.