PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Oxford / Cabair on your CV
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2001, 17:59
JT8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Oxford / Cabair on your CV

Hi folks,

I'm sorry to bring up this discussion again, but I'm really in need of some advice.

I'm starting modular training in June, and am deciding on schools. I recently asked on another thread (Which school for the CPL & IR?) for any feedback on a few schools ( Cabair, PAT, Bristol Flight Centre & Multiflight). Thanks for the comments there.

Now, for some reason (despite reading the current OATS thread!) I'm considering the CPL and IR with them or Cabair. I will be visiting the schools shortly to take a good look around to see which suits me and my requirements. However, the question comes down to:

Am I more likely to get a job with low hours having trained at OATS or CABAIR because they are in a position to refer you to an airline if you are suitable? Or am I being completely naive, and given in to their marketing ploys?!??

Would I be wiser to go to PAT or Bristol (works out much cheaper)and put the saved money towards more multi hours and/or a FI rating?

Looking forward to the pprune seminars next week - I'm sure many of my questions will be answered then.

Until then please help!
JT8