PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAFPS 2015
Thread: FAFPS 2015
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2012, 18:44
Corporal Clott

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Reverend

You speak wise words, sir. That is exactly how I understand it as well. The Navy type that briefed us said "Hand on heart, no decision on what the future pension will exactly look like has been made" (or something along those lines). He went on to tell us that this is what the consultation is about and the "focus groups" would inform the variables that they are allowed to change within the new scheme.

NEM is also an area that is wide open. I know that TACOS changes are likely just like the FTRS guys who were recently told they could work to 65 (vice 60) as long as they're fit and healthy and their commitments are renewed. I know they also have issues with FTRS and AFPS05 - I would expect this to be fixed as reccomendation of the recent future reserves study. As it stands at present, most are FTRS75 pension earners as I understand it.

I'm optimistic that things won't be as bad as some would have us believe; but it doesn't stop some of the backstabbing wackners that get promoted as part of the Exec Stream (or whatever it's called).

CPL Clott