PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 'Falklands' Most Daring Raid'
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2012, 10:50
glojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good morning MAINJAFAD,
Thanks for that and I hope you do not think I was trying to give a distorted picture. I am using the words of an Air Marshal to avoid any Inter Service bickering that might take place if I simply made those claims. Fuel usage was a major issue as was the prioritising of the other numerous missions being flown.

If I were to ask any questions regarding those missions then perhaps I would ask why when flying SHRIKE missions did we not involve the Harriers? Get the Harriers to try and encourage the ground radar to light up but keep those valuable assets out of 'HARM's' way!!

No ground radar switching on, then make hay... but lets try to take advantage of that weapon load that costs so much to fetch all the way down sarf and consider involving the Harriers to get the ground radar up and running.

If the radar does come on then introduce Mr Shrike to Mr Argie!!

Thomas Coupling has kindly asked the other question that I was going to ask regarding the angles of attack by the bombers.

I do accept that there were only a minimal number of pilots that could fly the Harrier at night but war is war or should that be 'conflict, is conflict and that could be a topic for another thread

Again I repeat.. Congratulations to every single member of the military and Merchant Marine that took part in that conflict.

John