PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 16th Mar 2012, 09:23
Facelookbovvered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what puzzles me is that it's close on 6 months since the deal with Granite was announced since then there has been a number of done deal statements subject to satisfying certain conditions, yet sofar nothing appears sealed!

This could mean all sorts of things, but friends in bmir tell me that no serious post bmi work is underway in terms of running its own future, but I guess that can't start until that future is determined.

Likewise I can't see, at least in the medium term a bmir within IAG still flying for SN or retaining slots into FRA?

Shunting bmir or bits into Flybe would be fraught with problems, not least on MAN EDI & ABZ the Scottish would go nuts about competion and choice.

Could DLH choose to keep it for feeding its hubs?

My best guess would be that bmir will end up in IAG and be used on what will become very thin routes loads wise during the intergration of bmi into BA, Airbus (bmi) will need repainting into BA colours crews will need retraining into BA sop's which are very different from bmi, this will mean crews and aircraft out of the flying programe for weeks at a time, this at a time when both bmi & BA need additional crews, so the little jungle jets & drivers could provide a useful resource the carrot to stay being jobs at BA or city flyer, not ideal if you live in ABZ LBA EMA but EDI GLA based crews could live with that.

It would be great to see BA return to BHD though