PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 2
Old 16th Mar 2012, 08:52
BugSpeed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Chaps and Lady Pilots,

I would just like to back up 757Driver's points.

I too was in the pool back in 2008 and was mightily hacked off when recruitment started again after two months post closure.

They were indeed different times and things are (should be) slightly different this time.

The reason for the pause IS partially down to the training burden; my place comes to a hault when we have 5 concurrent courses at different stages. The best guess for BA at the moment is about 30 courses at different stages on top of LPC/LOSA. Even for BA thats a big requirement.

I have no rose-tinted glasses whatsoever having been here before. I do however maintain a sense of pragmatism: I have a job, its not the end of the world if it doesnt happen but 12 months is a long time in aviation!

My best advice to all new swimmers would be this:

Stop fretting. This has happened before and it will almost certainly happen again to someone else. You've done all the hard work so just carry on in your own companies now and build your hours. If you arent going to be bonded, take the command/TRI/LTC/other a/c courses as loyalty is not rewarded. When you get to your last 3 months in the pool, give Lima Charlie a call and start to be a bit more concerned. Above all, nobody panic, everyone remain calm.

If any recent additions to the Holdpool want to be on the email list but havent contacted me yet, drop me a PM with your current a/c, airline and day 1 and 2 dates.