PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fireman sam...
Thread: fireman sam...
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2002, 19:20
John (Gary) Cooper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SM

Steady now, don't get all fired up those nasties in the red thingamies will have to come out and douse the flames. Got to agree with your post 95% except that I don't think they are ALL a bunch of Commies, just those being led to the slaughter. We all know about the aims of the likes of Gilchrist etc, I wonder really in their heart of hearts how many of those firemen really support their leaders if asked on a one to one basis, a lot of them must feel very intimidated like the retained firemen in Norfolk last week were when a 'bunch of 80 others' in the Easten Counties who descended on a retained station in rural Norfolk unannounced' There pretence was 'handing out fire safety leaflets to householders' but wanted to go and 'talk' to the retained men, that was a way round secondary picketing and it backfired on them. I think by going to ACAS they are looking for a way out, they will I am sure be offered an 'improved % rise' just in time for Christmas. The Squaddies will all be stood down, the embarrassing GG's will be mothballed for another 25 years and we will be called upon to douse the flames of the Middle East and allow the Phoenix to rise from the ashes again.