PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 7
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2012, 19:44
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Organfreak

Indeed, the altimeters. Their conversation from the beginning revolved around v/s. Especially at the end, they were quite aware of their rapid descent.

The only explanation is that they believed their nose was low, not high. How? The PF especially with his insistent pull. I think PNF eventually signed on to the Nose Low concept. Also Captain. So if true, the three of them reached the same false conclusion, though at different stages. One cannot dismiss the tacit power of the one with the controls. It is extremely difficult to justify a takeover, unilaterally, absent a plan, which none of them had. "Let me try" sounds cool, but given the stakes, all three acquiesced to the alpha dog, the PF. By default?

I doubt the "Lone Stick" theory, if they had instruments, they knew what was up with Bonin's SS. That alone may have helped convince the other two PF had a plan. It was not out of panic, wholly, that they all pulled, at the last. I believe they believed they were without a single cue upon which to base a recovery. Don't ask me how.

One thing. In ALTLAW2, the STALL WARN bug is absent from the speed tape. For what its worth.
adios O/f