PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2012, 18:50
Danny42C

Thanks all round!

I'm surprised and delighted by the interest I seem to have stirred up. I feel like the Sorcerer's Apprentice! For the last week or so, I have imagined myself in that crewroom of memory of mine - but all the chaps had gone and left me. Perhaps I'd been using the wrong kind of soap!

Kookabat, Ancient Aviator62, JOE-FBS, Chugalug and now Yamagata Ken, thank you one and all!

Chugalug, glad you appreciate the little tags at the end, but it was originally Cliff's idea. How is Cliff, by the way? - anybody know? Changing the subject, I quote from you: "The immense organisation behind all these innumerable Courses must have been a story in itself". We-eel, yes, I suppose, but some malcontents expressed different opinions. One often heard was: "When I joined this Air Force, I thought that it was run by rational human beings. Half way through my career, I had to realise that in fact it was run by irrational human beings. Only at the end did the truth dawn on me: the place must be run by monkeys!" (I trust I am beyond the reach of Court Martial - could they dock my pension?)

Error, (#2404, p121), Google tells me there are no runways at Castle Combe, they race round a peri-track, presumably the middle is just field.

More soon,

Danny42C

When I sez "fix", you don't fix!