PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Test in India before Conversion of Licence
Old 15th Mar 2012, 18:01
teja.aluri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@aditya104
Apologies for replying lately, but i have misplaced a brochure which i found now
well purely your discretion of choice both C-152 and C-172 are equally now available and i shall say for 20 odd hr, even flight school or it's CFI usually prioritize you, for the fact that you know all of flying and you here for experience and not for training. the cost on C-152 is around Rs.2,15,000/- and Rs.2,50,000/- on C-172 and this cost is flying only. there are certain common cost namely, SPL and FRTOL issue charges (around Rs 10,000) and CFI check charges(Roughly Rs 5000 per check)
total flight time they say is 24hr (9hr dual and 15hr PIC) which includes

1. 15hr Solo (CPL checks - Day-Night-IR, 250/120 Nm Night X-C)
2. 5hr instrument dual time
3. IR issue check dual time
4. FEM checks before solo, Dual time

Coming to the tech specific paper, i am not quite sure since now a days it all online exam fuzz and i was only used to the conventional method, so i am still searching and finding out the date.

Btw for student appearing for tech specific paper, i highly suggest make some contacts with local flight schools and students in there, well before you actually submit application for the exam, which could help you make a better choice of which A/C to choose and they can share a few more points (Eg: C-172R instead of C-172, Though both are accepted by DGCA you may regret, though i couldn't justify here but you shall figure out with some students presently undergoing training at any Indian flight schools)

Cheerio

Last edited by teja.aluri; 15th Mar 2012 at 18:31.