PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fireman sam...
Thread: fireman sam...
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2002, 17:31
swinging monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KennyR,

I'm not sure if it's me or what, but your'e confusing the hell out of me either way!

Have the orders of the government NOT been carried out?
Are the armed forces manning the GG's ?
Have we not complied in any way, shape or form?
And you agree that we didn't sign up to do these jobs eh?

Hum, presumably then, your only complaint is that some of us have expressed our annoyance at it all then, Yes?

So what is your point then, do you agree with us or do you agree with the left wing commie firemen?

And why do people like you always revert to that classic line '....there is always an option....'
Yeh, sure there is, and sadly thats why the armed forces are losing so many valuable and talented people. Not because they are fed up of doing their PRIMARY job, whether it be flying, blunty work, groundies or whatever. They are leaving because of the crap and nause that there is so much of today, like the firemen's strike etc blah!

The fact is, sadly, there is really NO other way to express your views and feelings within the service other than in forums like this.
Why do you think so many very senior officers and airships read PPrune? just to pass away the day?
These kind of forums offer a vital link for the average grunt, in ANY of the services to say what he or she really feels without the fear of it ending their carreer.
Sure many will spout utter nif naf and rubbish, but............
In the main, the important issues that are aired here, can at least be seen by those high up, instead of those at the very top being 'protected' by an army of staff officers, whose sole job in life is to prevent them from receiving bad news! Take a look at how invaluable this forum has been in the Chinook fiasco!

Don't ever tell any member of the services that he or she does not have the right to voice their concern, anger, frustration blah on any forum. Remember, it's because of them, that you are free to make the comments you do, don't deny them the same right.

Training Risky, I'm with you.

The swinging Monkey
'Caruthers, it's Friday night, a large G & T I think!'