PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new recruiting grounds for CX
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2012, 13:39
broadband circuit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As previously posted by myself, the argument is not about your nationality, it's about your experience. All this stuff about giving Indian pilots a hard time is just smoke & mirrors.

The reality is that in terms of experience, they're scraping the bottom of the barrel. Here's a few gems to prove my point:

First they offered this pathetic deal to starry eyed wannabes from the UK, Aus, NZ, Can and the US
Sorry, India isn't Robinson Crusoe when it comes to starry eyed, ultra low experience pilots. They have them everywhere. Put simply, in the past, they didn't meet the min requirements for an interview at CX. It's about experience, not nationality.

an airline job i've been waiting for the past 1-2 years
Most pilots at CX now, and in the past, waited a hell of a lot longer than 1-2 years for their airline job, either serving in a military uniform, or scraping their way through GA into a commuter airline, in a bid to meet the min requirements. That took an absolute minimum of 7 years, usually 10. Once again, it's about experience, not nationality.

They havent called any1 from India with less than 250 hrs
In the past, 250 hrs would not have got you an interview, regardless of nationality. The fact that they are even considering bare minimum 250 hr guys demonstrates that anyone with experience sees the new contract for what it is. Bare minimum experience is the same whether you're Indian, Aussie or Canadian. You're still bare minimum, and in the past would not have been considered for an interview at CX.

So stop this "you're an ignorant bunch of Indian bashers" rubbish. It's not about your nationality, it's about your experience (or lack thereof)