PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Glass Panels Vs Steam Gauges..??
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2012, 12:19
Flying Binghi

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

via Jabawocky #49;

...And as for working it out, myself as a mere plankton in the aviation world, and a retired Jumbo driver can work it out in all manner of operations, so if you could not get your head around that pretty quickly, you should give away the idea of anything but a VFR C152.

Ergonomically I believe it works verry well. If someone comes up with any suggestions on layout, and can justify their claim, and it is able to be reprogrammed, I'll do it. But right now, someone in the right seat can ask for any flight parameter displayed and we can answer it in a flash. Probably quicker and more finite than you can with a traditional Cessna or Beech.

Heck...when Forkie got the V Tail fitted with an EDM he was stunned at just how useless all the Beech gauges were.

"...a retired Jumbo driver can work it out in all manner of operations..."

Hmmm... and yet we still have them dead pilots - reference the thread starter report.

....perhaps that were a recomendation of the report writers, that the accident pilots shoulda been flying 152s.... i musta missed it at first read..

via Jabawocky #49;

I am not anti TSO, heck I have $20K plus of it in my panel too, but you are kidding yourself if you think it buys you greater quality, better features or reliability. In general terms it does not...

I thought we were compareing glass to steam ? From what i've seen all the glass, certified or not, is a real dogs breakfast - the report refers to the non-standardization.