PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways B777 recruitment?
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2012, 05:35
drive73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OBP,

I know full is your buddy and your supporting him, but he has lied about the late pay, costs of living in bom, and much more, degraded fellow pilots and has completly flown off the deep end with his rants.
I currently know two 777 capts. Who yes have seen some changes for the worse, but pay is the same, travel pay is the same and the rotation is the same, the one large loss is half of the vacation time. Now with fifteen days you can do only two rotations with 3 weeks off instead of 4. They aren't flying as much as 4 years ago so some spend more time in bom which is not as great as it used to be when they were running the USA routes and wet leasing the birds out to gulf countries, but things never stay the same especially in India.

If you ask any pilot off or on the record if he works too much we will say yes, even if we work 3 days a month. I have never met a pilot who said he was paid too much and worked too little.

The pay isn't much different than other contracts out there. Some pay more some less, some are permenant some are tenuas like Jet. It's just a fit thing some guys like the good qualities of Jet others don't. All I ask is tell the truth and let people decide for themselves based off the real facts not ax grinding lies. Currently 5 of the 6 airlines are losing money in India, so I things will keep changing and they probably aren't going to give pay raises and more time off.