PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How important to have a current IR?
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2012, 03:27
wingreencard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my rating is expired since 4 years and noone was interested even when current, I don't see the point to spend more money every year when there are no job around. Just renew it before it lapses.
You never know(it keep you dreaming) what will happen in 3-4 years, but in my point of view, airlines are just interested to sell hours and type ratings to young boys who have top gun posters in their teenage bedroom. For all of us, who are already trained and over 30yo, we don't interess them anymore.
it's all about money.Airline make money, they don't exist to make pilots happy!

you have 2 choices, renew it everyyear, in hope someone call you, or just do the minimum and see how the situation improves (or give up, yes i know a few guys who threw the towel and now have a normal life and make money in other profession )).I think the airlines boom is finished since 2006-2007, and no new aircrew is needed(the pilot shortage is a lie). Airlines prefer to ask capt and FO to fly max hours until epuisment instead of hiring, and if they hire, they have an armada of teenage ready to pay to fly.
they simply us!!!