PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 'MALAISE' Continues.....
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2012, 03:17
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry but I stand by my comments.

It is nothing to do with being professional if you have a family to feed and no one else in the world will interview you, regardless of ability or background then the choice is to keep flying the jet until you have enough hours to move up the food chain or make yourself uncurrent, unemployed and then try and get enough money to get to interviews all over the world frequently at your own expense oh and pay the mortgage, feed the family, avoid the bailiffs and court orders and try not to get divorced at the same time.
If you have a family to feed you get a job, any job. Working for free is not a good strategy. You are treated with the respect that you demand, and by providing your services for free you are not deserving of much respect. By working for free you perpetuate the treatment you receive by carriers like KFA or Arik Air.

I have sympathy for someone loosing their job as a result of poor management or economic pressures. I have no respect for pilots that have been working for free for up to a year loosing their job. In my view, they lost their jobs a year ago when they stop receiving their salaries.

because UK employers such as Flybe, Easyjet, TCX, etc would rather take a 250hr 25yr old from CTC, Oxford et al than even interview a local British pilot who would likely be too demanding in their eyes with expect to bases and Ts & Cs whereas the reality is that if you are willing to work in India or Nigeria then Newcastle or Manchester is hardly likely to upset us that much!
Sorry but I have a hard time understanding your point. You are saying that a guy willing to up-root his family to India and Nigeria would be too demanding with regards to bases and Ts&Cs in the UK? Really? That is why he is taking a third world job in a third world country? Makes no sense to me, unless I misunderstood your point.