PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEATHROW
Thread: HEATHROW
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2012, 22:20
jabird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wasn't it John Major banging on about back to basics while sleaze reigned supreme.
Yes, and I remember the Spitting Image sketches about him having an affair with "Ginnie" Bottomley - they must have known about Edwina Currie but not been able to say anything. Damn I miss that programme - Boris and the two Labour pm's would all have been great. Don't think they would have bothered with the current Labour leader, what's his name again?

Greenpeace and co. have an ideology to stick to and will never waiver from it irrespective of the facts. That's the nature of dogma as opposed to pragmatism.
Yes, but they are convinced that the aviation industry always gets its way and is subsidised to the tune of £10bn+ (minimum). Trying to draw them on the difference between a subsidy and not being subject to taxation is a complete waste of time!

IIRC, Yeo came out with a big Tory green document a few years ago, and I recall reading it and thinking "this is totally vacuous, full of hyperbole and of little workable benefit to anyone".