PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 14th Mar 2012, 19:58
updown1989

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Car Bomb Attack on Camp Bastion (Flydubai destination)

Hi folks,

Don't want to stir things up, but, anyone even thinking of coming here to 'Flydangerous' should see that one of the wonderful destinations on offer (amongst Kabul and Kandahar) is the delightful Camp Bastion.
Is it really wise to be operating a civilian un-armed airliner to a War Zone?
Link here to full story.

BREAKING NEWS: Vehicle exploded on Camp Bastion runway at same time as U.S. Defence Secretary arrived | Mail Online

I have a trip coming in the not too distant future and I am not happy about going and nor are my wife and family.

Remember that if you are killed on duty here with the present sh1 life insurance policy (which is less than a passenger gets) then the family will barely get enough money to bury you and the flight home, what then for them?

However, the company, will kindly let you PAY FOR YOUR OWN 'upgraded' life insurance policy. This is not only insulting, but, absolutely disgusting considering the places these people will have you fly to.
This really is the barrel. Do not come here unless absolutely desperate to work or have no sense of danger.

Seriously, I used to read this stuff when I was in my home country and took it with a pinch of salt. But no, it is VERY REAL guys!

Sure some people say they are happy here and have no problems (so they say) and I am pleased for them, however personal risk of life is too precious when one has a family to feed and look after.

Just read this;

Car bomb attack on Camp Bastion runway just as U.S. Defence Secretary arrived for 'surprise visit'
Vehicle drove onto runway and burst into flames
Explosion happened as Leon Panetta's plane was landing
Afghan man employed at the base was driving the vehicle
Poses huge questions over security at Afghan base
Comes days after rogue U.S. soldier massacred 16 Afghans
By DAILY MAIL REPORTER
PUBLISHED: 15:43 GMT, 14 March 2012 | UPDATED: 19:02 GMT, 14 March 2012

U.S. Defence Secretary Leon Panetta was the apparent target of a suicide bomber at Britain's main base in Afghanistan today.
A vehicle drove onto the runway at Camp Bastion and exploded into flames at the same time as Mr Panetta's plane was landing in what looks to have been a suicide attack.
It comes just days after a rogue U.S. soldier massacred 16 civilians on a rampage - and weeks after American troops were caught burning Korans.
And it has posed massive questions over security at the base.

Read more: BREAKING NEWS: Vehicle exploded on Camp Bastion runway at same time as U.S. Defence Secretary arrived | Mail Online

Think twice before applying, that's all I'm saying.

Safe sky's

Regards

UD89