PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The 'MALAISE' Continues.....
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2012, 18:57
Vortex Thing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Whose side are you on Urgency?

Squawk77 had it occurred to you that the pilots who worked for almost a year without pilots may have had little choice.

I as did many did not get paid for many months work at Arik in Nigeria. I am owed 6 months salary but that excuse for an airline. The facts are thought that even in that environment many of my colleagues notably the younger Scandinavians continued to turn up as they did not have anywhere else to go!

It is nothing to do with being professional if you have a family to feed and no one else in the world will interview you, regardless of ability or background then the choice is to keep flying the jet until you have enough hours to move up the food chain or make yourself uncurrent, unemployed and then try and get enough money to get to interviews all over the world frequently at your own expense oh and pay the mortgage, feed the family, avoid the bailiffs and court orders and try not to get divorced at the same time.

Granted now yrs past my misery at Arik I find it a shame that these guys are treated that way by people who have the gaul to call themselves employers but to call the victims and your brother/sister pilots unprofessional when they are likely 100k in debt from having shelled out on thier own training and type rating and who are getting shafted by gutless, selfish, frequently cowardly and underhand management is not exactly cricket now is it!

I mean whose side are you on? Yes what the airline is doing sucks but the problem lies elsewhere and is likely a reason why a frequent conversation at bars in the sandpit amongst 777, 737 and scare bus crews is how with 4000hrs plus the vast majority of us are there , amongst other reasons, because UK employers such as Flybe, Easyjet, TCX, etc would rather take a 250hr 25yr old from CTC, Oxford et al than even interview a local British pilot who would likely be too demanding in their eyes with expect to bases and Ts & Cs whereas the reality is that if you are willing to work in India or Nigeria then Newcastle or Manchester is hardly likely to upset us that much!