PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair exodus, what is the plan?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2012, 11:33
Tillingdale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thing of flying the MAX flight level not even the optimum but the MAX flight level in the FMC really makes me wonder do guys really think. Danny makes a good point about the margin for turbulence but what about a climb RA?

What do you do then? The aircraft has given you a clear command to climb and guess what? You can not do it.
go around flaps15

Instead of gobbing off in a totally ill-informed manner and slagging off your fellow pilots I wonder would your time time be better spent with your head in the books? Here are your study topics:

1)What default value has FR entered into the FMC so that FR "MAX" is not quite MAX and therefore provides a reasonable margin, a margin more then most airlines?

2) What happens when you are a few thousand of your optimum and you enter severe turbulence (Hint, the ICAO definition is a clue here)? Can the aircraft still stall?

3) Please go back and learn about your systems especially TCAS. Your last sentence scares the crap out of me. The fact that there are people like you flying around me in the same airspace makes my blood run cold. This was also discussed in a company memo but since you don't seem to read the manuals you probably don't read any of those either?