PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Test in India before Conversion of Licence
Old 14th Mar 2012, 06:51
aditya104

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coming to people with forgein ME endorsement and lookin for a cost saving DGCA CPL, i.e to get a SE CPL, you Sure got to clear a tech specific on SE airplane you choose (C-172 or C-152 or any other) and you shall be prepared to fly around 22-24 hr costing approx 2.5 laks (On C-172) which includes you DGCA recency requirements and as well as SE commercial checks from a CFI.

Personally aiming to have a ME CPL, i suggest getting a SE commercial with the way DGCA wanted and then once you have a SE commercial, all you need is an NOC from DGCA and fly 10 ME in any country of desire fulfilling the requirements as prescribed by DGCA for a ME add-on and submit the paper work to DGCA, no exams nothing to do so (Just like doing a type rating/add on).
Teja

Your assessment is very correct and sensible. This way one will have less headaches and save some valuable moolah.

Btw, between 172 and 152 which one is preferable in terms of cost and availability. When is the technical exam for the same?