PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2012, 05:15
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stace: This may well be too much of an encumbrance, and if so then please, simply forget it, but .. it would be grand to discover 'GU's' current airframe hours .. if indeed you are able to access such information. Again, simply out of interest!

Soggy: Didn't realise you were a member of BCalH's early crew. Can't recall the name of the manager back then but do know that he possessed a Neo-like aversion to 'Smith' and which, given that he had already gone, seemed a little unnecessary. In 1980 'GU' would have been 'suffering' from a lack of TLC due to Ferranti's departure for, as you know, the Beehive wasn't really equipped for 206 maintenance being mainly used for S61 and Chook support.

Shy: Glad that we've hit upon another one of your ex's and yes, its always sad to see something one's flown looking so poorly.

500 Fan: Thank you for your summary of OH6/Cayuse and civilian 'C' models. I had to chuckle at discovering I had flown one of Denis de Ferranti's craft. Together with your own and Dennisimo's comments there's plenty of 500 material for us to explore .. G-OVPP, G-HUKA, G-HAUS and G-RAMM. G-BDOY and to a lesser degree G-GEEE have of course already been touched-upon during this thread.

Adrian: Wonderful shots of the Blue Ealges, well done. One hopes that P6 is pleased!

Can we assist a fellow Nostalgian?

Croatian-based PPRuNer Zishelix (who is an infrequent poster but an avid reader of this thread as well as a devout Gazelle fan) was recently 'gutted' to have lost-out on a recent eBay auction of Gazelle memorabilia. The various manuals and brochures can be seen here.

Is there anyone in possession of (or with access to) any of this material? Zis has said that he would be more than pleased with scans of whatever may be out there.

As with the post covering ZB628, Zis has asked me to 'help out' in the belief that I may be able to better communicate his request and which of course I am more than pleased to do.