PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dispatcher training?
View Single Post
Old 14th Mar 2012, 04:34
Heavy D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dispatcher Training

Dear 777ORD,

I hope you are able to get your medical issues resolved in a favorable manner. I am an airline pilot and instructor,and I also teach Dispatch at FlightSafety LGA (NY). I was a dispatcher for more than 10 years at JFK for Iberia and Swissport (a handling company), and found the Dispatch career very,.very rewarding. I have had the privilege of working with many graduates of Sheffield, Pan American and FlightSafety, and found all of their skills solid and sharp. Give FSI (LGA) a call, and call Sheffield in FLL and compare for yourself. Happy hunting and enjoy the world of dispatch. Remember: "A pilot flies the airplane, a dispatcher flies the airline!"

You can also pursue the CFI/CFII/MEI and give instruction, such as instrument ratings,BFRs,IPCs, and ATPs, as long as your "student" holds a valid category and class Airman Certificate. Stay in the air if you can.

By all means AVOID working with the FAA, unless you wish to be a ATC Professional. The FAA has the world's best ATC, bar none. But their other employees, especially the FSDO personnel, are the dregs of humanity.

May God Bless you and Guide you in your career search. Enjoy instructing and dispatching,and hopefully I'll see you in the sky some day.

Sincerely,
Heavy D
New York,USA