PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will this ever happen for me?
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2012, 21:42
mredd1961

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will this ever happen for me?

Hello All

Well where do I start with this. I am a seriously interested in corporate aviation & have been since I was a Child, I am now in my 50th year & the love affair is still as strong as ever.

I have been trying for about 37 years to get a flight on a corporate jet but despite my best efforts it has never happened for me. I have come close to it on a few occasions but something has always gone wrong to spoil it.

My latest attempt was via a chance meeting last September with a vice president of an FBO in Orlando who I met quite by accident. I told him my dream & he said that he would be in Geneva for Ebace this May & could add me to a demo flight list on a Gulfstream.

Everything was going great & I booked my flights from Manchester with Easyjet & my hotel. Then I got an e mail from him to advise me that his CEO now wanted him to attend Abace in Shanghai instead & that he would now not be in Geneva.

Well gutted does not even begin to cover it, I am just so upset. So out of pure desperation I have joined this forum in the hope that someone who reads this may be in a position to make my dream a reality.

I am just an average guy & by know means wealthy & I don't think I would ever be in a position to charter a jet, I know that there are such things as empty legs but I feel even those would be outside of my financial capabilities.

I suppose what goes in my favor is that I am not concerned whether it's citation, learjet, falcon or etc & neither am I bothered about where the flight is or how long it's in the air for, I am just simply looking for the experience.

Some one who I spoke with today about this said I had more chance of pushing treacle uphill than getting this request fulfilled.

Anyway I have nothing to loose by asking.

I hope that someone reading this might be in a position to help me.