PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2012, 20:12
Barnaby the Bear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buster, I'm sure you know that TCAS is not the only tool available.
Close coordination with TC, Deconfliction Service from Southend (SSR at the start) Mode S closely followed behind.
Plus, extensive awareness publications and briefings throughout the GA community & Airfields. Workshops with the First Officers and Captains including Southend and NATS controllers that will be involved with operations in/out of Southend. Education and a comprehensive Risk assessments carried out by the Airlines that are or are looking to operated from Southend.

Even Class D has 'unknowns'.

LTNman, Seriously, what are you afraid of?
Why are you so concerned? EasyJet have done their research, they know what access there is to and from the Airport, and when.
Access via the A127 or A13 is not the hell you portray.
Southend also has the benefit of a second line (C2C) within 2 miles of the Airport (similar train times).
Why wouldnt they push the station as they do? Its a huge asset. Whenever I travel from Stansted (Early morning or late at night) I never consider the train anyway. The same when i arrive at my foreign destination. I do research before I depart to ensure I have a transfer though or hotel nearby.
I dont see that as a big difference at Southend for visitors.

Its good to see investment and expansion is aviation at this time.... especially at Southend.