PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 13th Mar 2012, 16:46
BritishGuy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would say recently (since Jan 2012) rosters have gotten a little better, but some people make out that the rosters are the best on earth. They're better than what they were before, so making an improvement isn't so hard. Sort of like being an E grade student and making an improvement to a D/C grade. So of course we're a little happier, but by no means are they 'great' - well, I'll speak for mine anyway. They're alright - but by no means great.

To a certain extent I guess it's all depended on who you've worked for in the past. If you've worked for a 2 bit airline then you'd think this place is heaven. But then again, if you're used to working for a civil airline (again, hard to come by) then this place is pants.

Wrapping things up, rosters have improved a bit - that's for sure, but more improvement is possible and an effort should be made to make sure rosters, conditions etc are continually improving.

For example, topping up insurance and coverage out of your own pocket. Errr..... no thanks. It's sort of embarrassing to know that your company values you so much that in the event of an accident, your passengers are insured for more than the crew is. Shameful I think.

Last edited by BritishGuy; 13th Mar 2012 at 16:46. Reason: typo