PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 13th Mar 2012, 16:35
Flat Cap

Location: Under a deckchair, Jumeirah Beach, 3 lamppost from the left
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not saying clearing a block of days isn't impossible, just improbable and the higher up the seniority the better chance you stand of managing if. However as a new entry FO with sen. no. 350 you certainly couldn't attempt to build a commuting lifestyle out of it for instance. I managed to hook a 2 blocks of days off once, took me week and a fair bit of arm twisting to do it.

As for AIMS, its a bit of a curates egg, good in parts and some are more skilled in its manipulation that others. However, swapping duties that span 2 days is tricky, and a large % of FD duties go over night, swapping the Northern duties tricky because you can only swap with LVO qualified guys, and there a only about 3 of those (minor exaggeration for poetic effect but you get the idea).

If your mates are doing it regularly L-V my respects to them, for they are better men than I am Gunga Din.

That said, for me at least the most recent rosters have shown a marked improvement and I have been getting 3 and occasionally 4 days off in a row. But don't tell anyone or they will all want it.

F-D