PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Test in India before Conversion of Licence
Old 13th Mar 2012, 15:29
teja.aluri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To the best of my knowledge and a recent discussion with a CFI, All i understood was,

If you fly on a Multi engine (At least 10hr) in US and the same is registered in india (In a flight school), and flyable (A good example is PA 34-200 From CAA) all you need is SPL and FRTOL, and you don't need to clear any tech specific paper, I am still not clear with weather we need a tech specific or not so i shall double check, Probable reason maybe - you are only doing a recency on an aircraft that you are already endorsed by a foreign authority. but for cases like Be-76, you got to sure clear the tech specific paper on a aircraft that you choose to fly in India.

Coming to people with forgein ME endorsement and lookin for a cost saving DGCA CPL, i.e to get a SE CPL, you Sure got to clear a tech specific on SE airplane you choose (C-172 or C-152 or any other) and you shall be prepared to fly around 22-24 hr costing approx 2.5 laks (On C-172) which includes you DGCA recency requirements and as well as SE commercial checks from a CFI.

Personally aiming to have a ME CPL, i suggest getting a SE commercial with the way DGCA wanted and then once you have a SE commercial, all you need is an NOC from DGCA and fly 10 ME in any country of desire fulfilling the requirements as prescribed by DGCA for a ME add-on and submit the paper work to DGCA, no exams nothing to do so (Just like doing a type rating/add on).

Also i personally suggest that we shall make our decision considering the two possible scenarios and breaking the cost figure individually,
(i) flying cost involving 24hr SE flying in India + 10hr ME flying abroad + Personal charges ( travelling + living) + any other cost involved
(ii), Then the other way around i.e flying for 15hr in USA as recency + 3 hr of checks when we get back to India (@ approx 40,000/- an hr) + instructor FEE (@ 5000/- per check) + i am quite not convinced if i approach a Flight and ask him for checks will he do it in prompt 3hr of may need any excess hr(If so busting at 40,000/- hr in excess).

Personally the second option (Though valid in my view) seems risky, as any additional cost may screw up the entire budget since it is around 40,000/hr and you never know when would the respective A/C from the flying school ground's.

Btw either case the DGCA results for the Jan are out, so it shall be a good idea to start paper work for those interested in Tech specific exam.

I Request to please point out any mistakes that i have made here.

Cheerio