PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2012, 06:56
Captinbirdseye

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LTNman

2 hours for scheduled and 3 hours for chartered flights are the norm no matter what size of the airport! I have no doubt that national express will be looking into bringing in a route from SEN to London Victoria or something similar soon as demand picks up! I could be wrong but dosn't LTN generally have reputation to grind to a holt during rush hour due to bad road network around the airport?
Also, if you look at the routes from SEN these are looking at more lesuire passengers as opposed to business travellers and they are more likely to book an airport hotel to stay there the night as opposed to getting a train @6AM.
Personally I would not travel to LTN due to the journey from where I live. I.e M25, M1, and then with traffic congestion around the airport at rush hour. Nothing against LTN but preference really. I find the trip to LGW a lot easier.
Buster I cannot deny that has not played on my mind with the amount of GA traffic around SEN. But hey, lets see how it goes! Looking forward to my first flight out of SEN shortly.

Last edited by Captinbirdseye; 13th Mar 2012 at 14:53.