PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND - 3 The new beginning
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2012, 06:45
LTNman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
first train dep southend victoria 04.00 arr SEN 04.05 last train liverpool street 00.50 arr SEN 01.47. X30 bus hourly from 0200 dep southend bus station journewy time 10min SEN via chelmsford to stansted . X30 hourly stansted via chelmsford from 04.00 to SEN journey time 1hr 10min
First train leaves London at 5:28, one hour four minutes later it arrives at Southend at 6:32. This means that no passenger from London can use the train for any easyjet departure before say 8:00 (but not on a Sunday) unless they are willing to spend the early hours camped out at the airport.

Sunday it is even worse. First train of the day arrives Southend Airport 09:17.

Can't see how the X30 service helps Southend's passengers.

Why are people here being rude. People here might not like the cold truth but everything I say is a fact.

There is nothing wrong with Southend particularly is you happen to be a halibut living at the end of Southend’s pier or have flight to catch from say 8:30 but Jonny Foreigner could be in for a shock if he expects a public transport service if he arrives late at night.

Given time no doubt this will be corrected but Southend can only really call itself London Southend for part of the night as it is impossible to get to and from the capital in the early hours unless you drive or take a taxi.

Maybe I am being a little hard on this east coast airport but I have driven to Southend many times and it doesn't seem that close to London by car .