PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - fireman sam...
Thread: fireman sam...
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2002, 08:41
swinging monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KennyR

Thanks for the explanation, and sorry I didn't get it first time
So what your saying is that you don't agree with the firemen's strike, and that it's OK for the armed forces to pick up any old gash jobs that the government want doing eh?
Well, we have been doing as the government wishes, as I'm sure you will have seen. But your comments about doing it without passing comment, or 'belly aching' as you so elequently put it, are unfair and unjust. Why shouldn't we voice our anger? We haven't said we will go on strike have we? No, we will do the job, just like it's always done.
But that is not the reason why we have the armed forces in this country either!
The members of the armed forces DID NOT join up to be ill-equipped, underpaid firemen! What next, bog cleaners, binmen, Road sweepers, what about just cheap old labouers? Oh, isn't that what we are? Lots opf the youngsters manning GG's are!!
And why should we/they not complain about a bunch of left wing commies, holding this country to ransom??
And much to do about nothing eh?
I'm not sure you would think like that if you had just returned from Ops somewhere in the world, to find that your post-op leave is cancelled and your off to take over from the firemen.

Come on Kenny, when the CDS stands up and complains IN FRONT of HIS BIG boss, AND in front of millions of viewers, then you can rest assured that things have reached a pretty low and unacceptable level. Was he 'belly aching'???