PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SAUDIA RECRUITING
View Single Post
Old 13th Mar 2012, 00:07
em20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"To compare the level of racism in California with that in Saudi Arabia is like comparing the anti-semitism around Germany in the thirties with that in England."

I completely agree with your statement, however I did not say they are the same, I said racism exists everywhere obviously to different degrees. I actually agreed with most of your post till you got personall and said I should be ashamed of myself. That is somewhat presumptuous of you as you don't know me, my background, or my life experiences.

My original point was just because the captains being hired by Saudia are Indians is no reason to disqualify them (that would be racism). I would not disqualify myself of working in the ME eventhough I know I will face challenges as an Indian. It may be a concept for a non-minority person hard to understand. It is what I teach my children, make no excuses for the color of your skin and not to use that as an excuse to do what you want to do. I have personally seen people of Indian descent both in positions of authority and in near slavery conditions in SA. I have personally experienced racial discrimination in Saudi Arabia that does not stop me from going there.

To your other point, it is not the House of Saud that is the problem. It is the majority of Arabs themselves that feel they are superior to non-white races. The plight of Indians are the same in Dubai and other Middle Eastern cities.