PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs Ideas?
Thread: Jobs Ideas?
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2012, 21:15
Sweet Potatos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair one Chev

Personally I think it's a complete non starter. The requirements of the regulator are too many and the individual companies will apply yet more.

Good luck, but at age 27, I wouldn't have minded a summer off pulling pints and enjoying the social side ... at 33 I would still love it!!

just my tupence ..(like two cents worth for the aussie!)

Hmmm... Just spotted he's coming for 2 years. Residency will determine whether you can get work mate. The market is a bit slow, so you'll need to get Assessment of Prior Competence - or a conversion course for each rating (I'm not sure as I haven't looked into it) - then after that(3 months?) and how much cash ... you'll have to find a job with about 18 - 21 months left on your visa. 3 months to find a job - at best at the moment! 15 - 18 months, 3months to validate each licence = about a year before you go... most employers won't look at that.

Ooft. Wish I could give you a better prognosis. But it'd be wrong to blow sunshine. With a longer residency/visa it's a go-er ... but otherwise ... like I said. Good luck dude.