PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Career changes for ex Cabin crew?
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2012, 20:54
20yearsexcrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Life after flying

After reading the replies I though I would post my experience !! 20 years with emirates bmed and ba,hit 40 and flying back from Glasgow to heathrow breakfast service on my hands and knees 5 miles up and pushing plastic trays into a trolly !!!! Well that was it,my mind was made up I had fun but it was over the fat lady had sung ,What could I do I had to leave no idea what until a polish plumber came round to quote on a small plumbing job ,and wanted £2.500, soon as he was out the door on was on the Internet and booked a plumbing course.every body who knew me laughed and I don't blame them,still I did the course and ended up with carillon amassive construction company,did it for 18 months,then went travelling for 10 months,didn't like the job good money but not me, so I put myself on another course this time barbering ,I've now ended up in one of londons oldest barbers shops and love it, still get to work in a team,and talk to people,also lots of part time work and very flexible ,it's been a total roller coaster ride but worked out in the end.There is life after flying it just takes a while finding what it is