PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - concerning spinning
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2012, 19:07
hugh flung_dung

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
FWJC: I couldn't get that link to work but I suspect it's the "interesting" spin and arrival in a Tipsy Nipper, in which case this link will work
I think most "senior" FIs would want to teach their studes how to recover from a spin, but sadly it's no-longer part of the syllabus (hopefully this won't be a cue for the usual extended discussion and gnashing of angst) so it's only those people who ask that will get. My only comment to those who want to ask is to ask an aeros FI who truly is comfortable in strange attitudes rather than someone who has only just got their ticket - it will be better for both of you.

If you enjoyed your spinning (and most people do, once they overcome the brainwashing and bar room nonsense that they've heard) then I suggest having another trip in a slightly more capable aircraft than a 152, at least a Bulldog but preferably something like a Cap10 that's easy to fly and can nicely demo spins from just about anything - and either way up. You could look at spins from sideslips, over-ruddered turns, vertical, inverted ... the skies the limit

HFD

(I was going to edit the "gnashing of angst", but on reflection I rather like it)