PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta Crew Attitude
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2012, 17:02
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
Well I can say I have been well and truly Deltered !. What happened to US customer service where did it go ?. This was my first trip back to USA for 8 years and I thought standerds had gone down then from when I was there every other week (so it seemed)from 1987 - 91, and I will not even mention how much higher they were when I was an exchange student in the mid 70,s. It was not just the staff, but everything like the planes were in some cases very old and tired (crew said some of their DC 9 were 30yr old) which is not what you want to here when bouncing around the edge of a super cell !.
There just appears to be a malaise in the US at the moment that they manufacture / provide a service to a budjet which the bar is not set high enough on. The experiance was quite intresting although for my company totaly unrewarding as quality issues which we have had from previouse US suppliers were still evident. I do not know which way they go from here as the service which the US was justly proud of seems to have left them and they now have lowered there expectations (same could be said for some UK companies and Govt). They remain good hosts ( I was mostly in mid west from Gulf to Canadian border) but they are going to have either improve their game or put up the trade barriers as the product is not what it was. On the plus side of this, its back to EK/SQ for me and the routes out East.