PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI
Thread: BMI
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2012, 16:24
bex88

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So IAG have proposed remedies to concerns about the purchase of bmi mainly due to domestic competition I would assume, and this has pushed the announcement back to the 30th. Does anyone else not think this could play out quite nicely for bmi regional as well as bmi mainline? IAG would be best placed to say allow regional to continue to fly the slots it operates out of heathrow at the moment to say EDI, MAN and ABZ. This would vastly improve prospect for all bmi regional pilots and employees and IAG gets the deal through. Bmi mainline guys would not be affected because we currently don't crew these slots. Dare I say it there could be a feed to BA or a code share and sales via their channels too. More people would stand to keep their jobs which should be the priority over people maybe having to pay £5 more on their ticket when so many choose to fly on easy or ryanair anyhow. If I were granite I would not be hurrying this deal but negotiation to the 12th hour on the 30th. The wait is very very hard though