PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Pacific Blue infringement in NZQN?
Old 12th Mar 2012, 12:12
distracted cockroach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is an absolute waste of taxpayer's money. What do CAA think they are doing? At worst, this guy should get a slap on the hand from the Chief Pilot about not sticking to the company SoPs. So he got a "bank angle" warning...who hasn't? As for a "don't sink", that's a bit less common, but far from unheard of, especially when the situation calls for visual manouevering, and avoidance of cloud. I hope CAA come out of this looking as silly as they do at the moment.
The media and so-called experts are proving how out of touch they are with day to day aviation activities and procedures and the standard of reporting has been nothing short of abysmal.
At the end of this, I hope the skipper sues CAA for defamation, loss of earnings (not sure if he is suspended with or without pay), damage to his reputation and mental distress/anguish. Sure he has name suppression, but anyone can go to the Court and see who he is....and I'm sure many here know the guy.
There are many far worse incidents that have happened over the years that have gone "unpunished".....I'm sure we all know of at least one or two.
Just out of curiosity, are PB providing his lawyer, or have they left him hung out to dry?