PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DURHAM TEES VALLEY AIRPORT - 5
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2012, 11:51
P330

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
KLM and Ryanair

Firstly KLM. I've said several times that the KLM route is a profitable route for the airline. Load factors generally are around 60% with some slimmer services and some full loads...as is normal in a scheduled operation. I use this service very regularly and am in contact with KLM who tell me the service isn't going anywhere.....

Now...bullishness aside, we have to admit that if numbers start to fall and/or thoughts change within KLM (i.e. they can deploy somewhere else to make more money), then this can change quickly.

As for Ryanair...I would love the rumour to be true....even more I'd like it to work. I can't comment on whether it is true or not as this is the only place I have heard it but when I've spoken with people before they're expression has been "selling yourself to the devil". Of course when times are tough, this maybe your only option. Personally, I could see it happening...BUT, I couldn't see it being sustained as Ryanair don't often stick around for long if things aren't perfect and we don't have an history of getting things into that "perfect" category. I'm just not sure we could sustain 2 x 737-800s at profitable yields to make it long term worthwhile.....though I'd love to be proven wrong!