PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Throw me out or keep me in?
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2002, 04:14
Travelling Toolbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stay Slasher.

You really should have a calendar like mine.............

1980 - Arrived in the Land of the Unexpected and found myself dragging bulldozers up Mt Fubilan by wokka wokka. Bloody hard work, but good introduction to bushkanaka tru.

1981 - Bought my first Penis Gourd and drank my first bottle of Brut 33. Also my first shakin' not stirred (Malaria)

1982 - Malaria again. House broken into and ransacked by sooty back in Morbid while on tour. Star Mountains are just beautiful in the early morning. Got my Open Water Dive Ticket.

1983 - Now under the hood of stiff wings - different. House broken into again and ransacked by sooty (deja vu) and car stolen. It had my best tennis racket in the back!! :-(

1984 - Malaria again. Had just about enough of sooty! Boss tells me, if they break in again and I catch one, I can load the body on the morning jungle run and no one will mind if I kick it out somewhere up the Goilala.

1985 - My daughter came into the world :-)

1986 - My son came into the world :-)

1987 - Broke the record for the IFR downhill dash on 3 mile hill Port Morbid. (Lights out in my Suzuki Swift on my way home from the Dero and 3 pilots "navigating" from the back seat).

1988 - Got lost down the Gulf in scudding rain/low cloud with the 20 minute fuel warning light on :-(
Finally found KIK and "borrowed" fisheries drum of Jet A1.

1990 - Started chasing sooty onto the footpath with my car and discovered they really can run when they have too

1991 - Decided Paradise has lost its appeal and returned to sunny Oz

See - I have a nine year decade!! No Problem