PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATCOs earning Ģ800,000 two years ago! Anything changed?
Old 12th Mar 2012, 08:06
Akhorahil

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spanish ATCOs are the best in the "flight plan adherence" iniciative by Eurocontrol. All pilots fliying in spanish airspace agree with that. 99% of flights or even more stick now to their flight plan in Spain, donīt you agree with that?.

Lots of pilots (spanish pilots in spanish forums also) complained about LEMD app, saying they were given vectos very far from the airport, sometimes up to 100 miles, and said London was a good example, with holdings when needed. Now they have holdings when needed and also complain. It is clearly imposible to make all pilots happy.

Our only "black hole" are the 47 class A incidents in 2010. But a spanish politician said they were "misssing" 2 weeks ago. Well, you really canīt expect we are up to the job if we canīt rest the minimum time per week establish by spanish law, 36 hours, than AENA has been "ignoring" for the last 2 years.

Finally slots and delays are never our fault. It is the system capacity. A controller NEVER issue a slot, it is CFMU, according to the capacity of the system. When I go to work I am told where to work and what is the capacity of the sector, have no option to change that, so donīt blame me for the system dessing failures. LECM has the same configuration as it had in 2003, and seems the traffic and demand has changed since then... donīt expect changes in the near future as the managment staff are totally inept for their job.

Thatīs all.