PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - new recruiting grounds for CX
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2012, 00:09
Sqwak7700

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sqwak7700, please don't get me wrong. But I really don't think it was your birthright to earn the title of an airline pilot. I don't want to get to the 'root cause' of this animosity shown towards us by many pilots from English-speaking countries.
I never claimed it was my birthright, regardless of nationality. Like any profession, it is what you make of it and how you treat it. You sound legit and probably are a true professional, but my point still stands. Cathay is recruiting in one of the worst places to recruit pilots, were these problems create unforeseen problems which will manifest themselves years on down the line.

You agree with many of the sentiments of my (and others) posts with the state of Indian aviation - as well as the state of many other things in India. Like yourself, I am sure there are many professionals that are fully competent and legitimate. My point is that the money that Cathay should be spending in trying to attract the best, is being wasted in sifting through the bottom of the pile.

Your feeling that all these "200hr" pilots are in need of major airline jobs is just down-right scary. 200hr pilots in the seats are what leads to FOs that don't know which way to pull to make the houses get smaller. I don't care how motivated or sharp you are, at 200 hours you still have lots to learn that should be learned with fewer witnesses and participants than those on a 773ER.

I do take your point that if we are not happy with the direction of the airline then we should bring it up with management. That is very true and an on-going, slow process.