PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th Mar 2012, 18:41
Swept

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
225 pages of this thread.....Done!

225 pages of this thread.....done! Now where do I apply!

To all those who have posted: Thanks for all your advice, banter and opinions. I will be applying in 3 months as a UK, ex-mil, FJ pilot with 3000hrs and ATPL. I am currently employed by another ME country flying FJs and QA are still interested and want me to apply, so my advice to all is:
1. Don't doubt your own abilty/credibility against all the others applying. If you have the quals they are asking for and they invite you to interview then they like the look of you. Go for it.
2. Living in the ME is not as bad as everyone thinks. Open your eyes, enter with a positive attitude and you will have a great time. They are the friendliest people I have met and if I wasn't getting grey around the edges I would stay in the FJ world forever. The snag is, there is another challenge out there and I want some of it!

I'll clearly be submitting more "I've been waiting for ** months for a reply" posts over the next year but well done to those who have gone before!