PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Approved Foreign Flight Manual
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2012, 08:36
LeadSled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
---the "approval" I referred to, as stated, was limited to the approval page to be added to the flight manual,
Sorry 'bout the implication, but what I just love about such bureaucratic b----t, is the idea that such a page has any legal meaning, given CAR 138.
Just like manual pages that say ----- must comply with the Civil Aviation Act, Regulations and Orders ---- you mean I have a choice ----- unless said page is duly inserted, blessed, anointed and necessary incantations are uttered to "make it legal".

Tootle pip!!

CFI --- love the bit about the fax'd flightplan --- on the east coast, FOIs are "saying" manual flight plans are "policy", and objecting to JeppView and similar services ---- for jet aircraft.

They have even invented a magical new aircraft ---- for flight planning (even jets) that has a fixed rate of fuel flow, regardless of weight, cruise altitude, flight level, leaned or not, all based on something called "normal cruise".

'Tis even in Part 91 draft regulations, and being "enforced" now in Operations Manuals --- all to make "enforcement" easier at audit or ramp check time ---- unless you flight plan quotes exactly from the Ops. Manual ---- regardless of the actual conditions of the flight and actual fuel flows --- you have committed an offense.

Draft Part 91 does not contain any definition of this amazing new parameter --- Normal Cruise.